How to create Slack Webhooks


Today let me show you how to generate a slack webhook. Slack webhooks is a simple way to post messages from external sources into Slack.

My steps to get slack webhook were as follow:

Step1) I created slack app by merging one of my created slack workspace at this URL: https://api.slack.com/apps


Step2) go to “Incoming Webhooks” to create webhook.


Step3) active incoming webhooks


Step4) create new webbook to workspace or merge webhook to channel


Step5) Then select a channel from your workspace.


Step6)finally got webhook url to work with slack api.


Step7) can sent test message to your channel by using curl.

Note: TDK572UAW/BLGRR1X6X/C0etNQsdetn06OH3qE9rqsPx used to push slack notification via Ansible slack module

$curl -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/json' --data '{"text":"Hello, World!"}' https://hooks.slack.com/services/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

PS: I deleted my webhook after this tutorial.
Thank You 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Zabbix Inventory Script for AWX Ansible Tower Inventory

cisco csr1000v ios upgrade or downgrade

Python3 - Basic Knowledge of using Dictionary